Yes, obviously I can’t wait to meet our little being and to finally know if its a boy or a girl! However, I also can’t wait for all the things I’ve had to stop doing / avoid / give up during these past nine, absolutely magical months.
1. Wakeboarding. First things first. Get me on a board asap. Thank you please.
2. Red wine. Its my vice. I usually enjoy a glass most nights with dinner, I have done for years, I love it, its my thing. Also as a parent I find its like a ‘well done’ for getting through another day of keeping your child alive.
3. Surfing. Already provisionally booked a week at the coast to get my fix in July. The ocean; its a pure love thing, I just need it.
4. Workouts. What is there to say, you know I love working out…. To add insult to injury, Jon has dusted off his free weights and invested in a bench. He smugly sneaks off to the garage in the evenings leaving me sitting on my pregnant ass, watching rubbish TV eating a Mars ice-cream bar (my new fav thing). I can’t wait to get my hands on those weights as part of my ‘get back in shape, again’ routine.
5. Brie / mussels / goats cheese / beer / pate / runny eggs / port / champers. The list goes on for all the foods I miss eating/drinking. I just want a huge wedge of brie with a big fat glass of port. Ta.